Write To Your Alderman!
The most direct way that you can influence the direction of this development is to write directly to your alderman. Writing to the mayor, planning department, and to our state representatives and our state senator will also help. Contact Information.
To help you with your letter, below are some topics you may want to address:
- Traffic volumes and local road congestion
- Site access
- Pedestrian safety
- Lack of MBTA vision with respect to additional mass transit options, such as a link to the commuter rail
- Zoning concerns, including types of businesses permitted, building heights, parking requirements
- Infrastrucure concerns, such as potential sewer issues
- School impacts
- Public access to the Charles River
- Process and community/developer interactions
Additionally, some of your fellow citizens have contributed templates and sample letters which you are welcome to use- as is, or with modifications.
Sample letter from Lower Falls resident.
If you would like to contribute a sample letter or template, please send email to Aub Harden, firstname.lastname@example.org.